Last updated on February 13th, 2024 at 03:48 pm
Planning to visit Bali? This comprehensive guide with over 100 things to do in Bali is made for you.
Whether you’re an adventure seeker, culture enthusiast, or simply craving relaxation, this curated list captures the essence of Bali’s diverse landscapes, rich traditions, and hidden gems. Let’s explore the best activities, attractions, and cultural wonders that this tropical paradise has to offer.
- Things to do in Ubud and Central Bali
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Canggu
- Things to do in Nusa Dua
- Things to do in Uluwatu
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in Candidasa and East Bali
- Things to do in North Bali
- Things to do in West Bali
- Things to do in Mount Batur and Lake Batur
Things to do in Ubud and Central Bali
Nestled amidst the verdant heartlands of Bali, Ubud and Central Bali stand as vibrant hubs of culture, art, and natural beauty.
Here, lush rice terraces cascade down hillsides, ancient temples whisper tales of spirituality, and bustling markets brim with local charm. Embark on a journey through Bali’s cultural epicenter, where every corner reveals a story waiting to be discovered.
- Visit the Ubud Monkey Forest
- Explore the Tegallalang Rice Terraces
- Attend a traditional Balinese dance performance
- Visit the Ubud Art Market
- Hike Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Explore the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
- Visit the Tirta Empul Temple
- Take a cooking class to learn Balinese cuisine
- Explore the Blanco Renaissance Museum
- Visit the Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave)
- Fine dining at Aperitif restaurant in Viceroy Bali
Things to do in Seminyak
Seminyak, a trendy and vibrant beach resort area in Bali, Indonesia, offers a delightful mix of upscale dining, stylish boutiques, and a laid-back beach atmosphere. Here are some exciting things to do in Seminyak:
- Relax on Seminyak Beach
- Shop at Seminyak Square
- Experience nightlife at Ku De Ta
- Shop at Seminyak Village
- Attend a beachfront party
- Try a spa treatment
- Explore Petitenget Temple
- Sunset at Double Six Beach
- Explore art galleries and cultural spots
- Dine at an upscale restaurant like Merah Putih
- Take a cooking class
Things to do in Kuta
Kuta, a bustling, touristy beach resort area in Bali, Indonesia, is known for its lively atmosphere, vibrant nightlife, and excellent surf breaks. Personally, I don’t recommend Kuta but if you are up for it, here are some things you can do while you’re there:
- Enjoy a day at Kuta Beach
- Take a surf lesson in Kuta
- Visit the Waterbom Bali waterpark
- Explore the Ground Zero Monument in Kuta
- Explore Kuta Art Market
- Discover Beachwalk Shopping Center
- Explore Legian Street for nightlife
Things to do in Canggu
Embraced by the laid-back vibe of Bali’s southwestern coast, Canggu stands as a haven for surfers, digital nomads, and wellness enthusiasts alike.
With its rolling waves, rice paddies, and hip cafes, this beach town offers a refreshing escape from the hustle and bustle. Get ready to soak in the chilled-out atmosphere and vibrant community spirit of Canggu.
- Visit Echo Beach
- Explore Batu Bolong Beach
- Attend a yoga class in Canggu
- Try surfing at Berawa Beach
- Visit Finns Beach Club
- Explore the Canggu Art Market
- Relax at Finn’s Recreation Club
- Discover the Tanah Lot Temple
- Visit the Love Anchor Canggu
- Experience a beachfront barbecue in Canggu
Things to do in Nusa Dua
In the southern tip of Bali, Nusa Dua emerges as a serene haven for travelers seeking luxury and relaxation.
With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and world-class resorts, this exclusive enclave offers a tranquil retreat amidst breathtaking natural beauty. Get ready to unwind and rejuvenate in the idyllic paradise of Nusa Dua.
- Explore Nusa Dua Beach
- Visit the Museum Pasifika
- Enjoy water sports at Tanjung Benoa
- Relax at Geger Beach
- Discover the Water Blow in Nusa Dua
- Take a boat to visit Nusa Penida
- Explore the Bali Collection shopping complex
- Experience the Devdan Show
- Visit the Puja Mandala religious complex
- Play golf at Bali National Golf Club
Things to do in Uluwatu
Perched atop the rugged cliffs of Bali’s southern peninsula, Uluwatu is a mesmerizing tapestry of breathtaking landscapes and rich cultural allure.
Renowned for its iconic sea temple, vibrant surf scene, and spectacular sunsets, this coastal haven beckons adventurers and seekers of tranquility alike. Get ready to be captivated by the raw beauty and cultural enchantment that define Uluwatu.
- Visit Uluwatu Temple
- Watch the Kecak Dance at Uluwatu
- Explore Padang Padang Beach
- Relax at Bingin Beach
- Visit Suluban Beach
- Discover the Uluwatu Handmade Balinese Lace
- Explore Melasti Beach
- Attend a surf competition at Uluwatu
- Experience a cliffside dinner at Rock Bar
Things to do in Jimbaran
Embraced by the gentle embrace of Bali’s southwestern coast, Jimbaran unfolds as a picturesque seaside village brimming with charm and authenticity.
Renowned for its pristine beaches, delectable seafood, and breathtaking sunsets, this coastal gem invites visitors to unwind and savor the simple pleasures of island life. Get ready to be enchanted by the laid-back ambiance and coastal beauty of Jimbaran.
Distance from the airport: 20 minutes without traffic
- Try seafood at Jimbaran Bay
- Relax at Jimbaran Beach
- Visit the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park
- Explore the Jimbaran Fish Market
- Discover the Jenggala Gallery
- Take a fishing tour from Jimbaran Bay
- Attend a cultural performance at GWK
- Visit the New Kuta Green Park
- Explore the Dream Museum Zone Bali
- Experience a spa day in Jimbaran
- Fine dining at Rumari restaurant in Raffles Bali
Things to do in Candidasa and East Bali
In the embrace of Bali’s eastern coastline lies Candidasa and East Bali, a tranquil escape offering a blend of cultural richness and natural wonders.
Away from the tourist bustle, this region captivates with serene beaches, historic villages like Tenganan, and the enchanting water palaces like Tirta Gangga. Immerse yourself in the unhurried charm of East Bali, where tradition and unspoiled landscapes beckon exploration.
- Explore the Tirta Gangga Water Palace
- Visit the Tenganan Village
- Relax at White Sand Beach
- Dive in Amed
- Explore the Lempuyang Temple
- Visit the Taman Ujung Water Palace
- Take a boat to explore the Blue Lagoon
- Explore the Pasir Putih Beach
- Visit the Goa Lawah Temple
- Discover the Water Palace Tirta Ayu
Things to do in North Bali
Nestled away from the bustling tourist hubs, North Bali invites you to discover its hidden treasures and serene landscapes. From the majestic Gitgit Waterfall to the tranquil beaches of Lovina, this region captivates with its natural beauty and authentic charm. Get ready to explore the quieter side of Bali, where tranquility meets adventure.
- Explore the Gitgit Waterfall
- Visit the Banjar Hot Springs
- Dive in Lovina
- Go dolphin watching in Lovina
- Discover the Brahma Vihara Arama Buddhist Monastery
- Explore the Munduk Waterfall
- Visit the Sekumpul Waterfall
- Relax at Air Banjar Hot Springs
- Discover the Krisna Funtastic Land
- Explore the Singsing Waterfall
Things to do in West Bali
Embracing the western coast of Bali, West Bali unveils a tapestry of untouched natural beauty and cultural richness waiting to be explored. With its pristine beaches, lush landscapes, and ancient temples, this region offers a tranquil escape from the bustling tourist hubs. Get ready to immerse yourself in the raw beauty and authentic charm of West Bali.
- Visit the Bali West National Park
- Explore Menjangan Island for diving
- Visit the Rambut Siwi Temple
- Discover the Palasari Village
- Explore Medewi Beach for surfing
- Visit the Bunut Bolong Tree
- Explore the Bali Tower
- Discover the Bunut Bolong Monkey Forest
- Relax at Perancak Beach
- Visit the Pulaki Temple
Things to do in Mount Batur and Lake Batur
Amidst the volcanic wonders of Bali lies the majestic duo of Mount Batur and Lake Batur, a breathtaking spectacle that lures adventurers and nature enthusiasts alike.
From the exhilarating sunrise trek to the tranquil boat rides on the lake, this region promises an enchanting blend of natural beauty and cultural significance. Explore the allure of Bali’s highlands, where every sunrise unveils a new chapter of wonder.
- Hike Mount Batur
- Explore the Batur Natural Hot Spring
- Take a boat on Lake Batur
- Visit the Toya Bungkah Hot Spring
- Explore the Kintamani Highland
- Discover Trunyan Village
- Visit the Penglipuran Village
- Explore the Songan Village
- Take a coffee plantation tour
- Attend the Batur Caldera Festival
Have you tried any activities on this list yet? Let me know your travel experiences in Bali in the comments below.