𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗢𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 (The secret)
1. Peel & chop the onion
2. Add olive oil/butter to the pan on medium heat
3. Add sea salt, brown sugar and onions to the pan, medium heat
4. Once the onion starts to caramelised, add some red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar and cover the lid. Let it caramelised till it’s golden (Lo and behold, it’s going to smell and taste freaking epic)
𝗪𝗮𝗴𝘆𝘂 𝗕𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲 Note: I prefer no marinate for this good, thick piece of meat to enjoy the original rich flavours.
1. Add some butter to the pan on high heat
2. Rub the wagyu with sea salt before pan frying / grilling it
3. Once the pan is ready, drizzle olive oil on the Bavette and cook
4. Flip the Bavette every minute to get a good outer layer – do it for 3 min each side
5. Drizzle extra virgin oil once it’s ready
6. Let the Bavette rest for 2 minutes before slicing them into 1cm width pieces (My mistake for placing the wagyu at the side of my pan after worrying it will overcook – It won’t! 6 minutes is magical for a medium rare.)
1. Boil the eggs with salt for 8 minutes on high heat
2. Submerge the soft boiled egg into ice water for 15-20 minutes
3. Peel the egg shell (Saw too many pan-fried eggs for sandwich, I’d like something different)
𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 (Match made in heaven)
1:1 ratio for Mustard & Mayonnaise
1. Half the Ciabatta
2. Heat it over tha pan/grill till it’s soft and slightly charred. Or heat it in the oven at 180°C for 5-10 min – please use your eyes to check! Every oven performs slightly differently.
3. Spread a layer of kewpie mayonnaise and dijon mustard on the Ciabatta
4. Put the ingredients all together and serve!