I had so much fun making this two-ingredient bread that I have to share this recipe with you. Yes, you heard me right. It only requires two ingredients to make!
It is delicious, soft, fluffy and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
This is a super easy recipe that does not require any eggs, oil, yeast or even butter. No need to knead or rise too.
If you want to make homemade bread but don’t have the time or typical ingredients to make a traditional one, this is it!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super easy & quick: 5 minutes to prepare
What is Yoghurt Bread made of?
- Self-raising flour
For yoghurt, please do not use Greek yoghurt as it will make your bread extremely tough. I use a low-fat vanilla yoghurt for this recipe. You can also use other yoghurt flavors to find out what’s your favorite.
If you don’t have have self-raising flour, you can still create it with all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
How to make your own self rising flour?
For every cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon fine salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
How to make Yoghurt Bread in 3 simple steps
- Mix the yoghurt and flour into a large mixing bowl until the dough forms.
- Add the dough into your baking loaf pan
- Bake it for 35 minutes in the oven
Yoghurt Bread Variation
You can also add in other toppings and other ingredients like chocolate chips, almonds, strawberries, and honey.
How to store Yoghurt Bread?
Once your yoghurt bread is completely cooled, keep it in an airtight container or ziplock at room temperature.
You can heat up your yoghurt bread in the toaster oven or microwave if you prefer your bread served warm.
Two Ingredients Bread – Yoghurt Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups yoghurt
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190.5°C)
- Line an 10 x 5 inch or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add yoghurt and self-raising flour into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula until no lumps of flour remain. Your dough texture should be wet and sticky.
- Add dough into the loaf pan. Use your spatula to evenly spread the dough across the pan and level the surface.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake for about 35 minutes. To find out if your bread is fully cooked, you can apply pressure on the surface and the bread should gently bounce back.
- Let the bread cool before slicing and serving.